|City of Palo Alto|
|Тарихы мен географиясы|
94301, 94303, 94306
|Ортаққордағы санаты: Пало Альто|
1769 жылы Гаспар де Портола осы жерде алғаш орнығады.
Тұрғын үй мәселесіӨңдеу
- Amazon.com's A9.com
- AOL Inc.
- Better Place
- CPI International
- Disney World
- Palantir Technologies
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Palo Alto Research Center (PARC)
- Space Systems/Loral
- Tesla Motors
- Tibco Software
- Varian Medical Systems
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Ерекшеленген мекемелер тізімі :Өңдеу
- Accenture (Бұынғы солтүстік америкалық HQ. Қазіргі Ирландиялық HQ)
- BMW (Технология)
- CNF Inc.
- Genencor (Пало Альтодағы)
- Lockheed Martin
- Slam Content
- Nokia Research Center
- Posedge Inc
- Rave Wireless (Пало Альто)
- SAP AG (North American Labs)
- Schering-Plough Biopharma
- The Wall Street Journal
Басты жұмыс иелеріӨңдеу
City банктің мәліметі бойынша 2010 жылғы ең үздік жұмыс берушілер:
|#||Жұмыс берушілер||# Жұмысшалар саны|
|2||Stanford University Medical Center/Hospital||5,569|
|3||Lucile Packard Children's Hospital||3,549|
|4||Veteran's Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System||3,500|
|7||Palo Alto Medical Foundation||2,000|
|8||Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati||1,500|
|9||Palo Alto Unified School District||1,336|
|10||City of Palo Alto||1,100|
- Bowman International School – a K-8 school founded in 1995 which emphasizes learning about different cultures.
- Castilleja School – an all-girls’ college preparatory school for grades 6-12.
- Challenge Summer School - Morrissey/Compton – Challenge is a five-week summer program for elementary students with mild to moderate learning or language disabilities. The program focuses on maintenance of academic skills, instruction in new strategies to succeed in school, and the continuing development of self-esteem.
- Challenger School – a K-8 School with extreme emphasis on academics
- Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School – a K-8 Jewish day school; school's name changed from Mid-Peninsula Jewish Community Day School (MPJCDS)
- The Girls' Middle School – an independent, all-girls day school for students in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade
- International School of the Peninsula – a Nursery-8 bilingual immersion school with two Palo Alto campuses. Offers two Nursery - 5 programs: Chinese-English and French-English, and an international middle school. Established in 1979.
- Kehillah Jewish High School – a new preparatory high school with both secular and Jewish studies
- Keys School – a co-ed, independent K-8 school focused on learning for life
- Kitty Petty Institute – a preschool for disabled children
- Meira Academy - A Orthodox Jewish all-girls high school opening up the fall of 2011.
- Palo Alto Montessori School – an accredited preschool which has been educating 2- to 5-year-olds since 1977.
- Pinewood School – located on Fremont Road in Los Altos Hills; most of the students are from Los Altos Hills/Los Altos area
- St Elizabeth Seton Extended – a Catholic school
- Palo Alto Chinese School - oldest Chinese school in Bay Area
- Stratford School – a K-5 school focused on all round development
Пало Альто кітапханасы бес бөлімшеден тұрады, жалпы саны 265,000 кітаптар сақталады. Кітапхананың мақсаты білім, ақпарат және тынығу қызметтерін көрсеті.
The Palo Alto Daily Post publishes six days a week. Palo Alto Daily News, a unit of the San Jose Mercury News, publishes 5 days a week. Palo Alto Weekly is published Fridays. Palo Alto Times, a daily newspaper served Palo Alto and neighboring cities beginning in 1894. In 1979 it became the Peninsula Times Tribune. The newspaper ceased publication in 1993.
KDOW 1220 AM began broadcasting in 1949 as KIBE; it later became KDFC, simulcasting classical KDFC-FM. As KDOW it broadcasts a business news format. The transmitter is in East Palo Alto near the western approach to Dumbarton Bridge with power of 5,000 watts daytime and 145 watts nighttime.
Among other programs, Palo Alto Institute runs a unique film festival, the Palo Alto International Film Festival, that focuses on the ways in which new technologies influence and are influenced by artistic revolution in media.
Қала пойых қызметі Сан Франциско және Сан Хосе қалаларымен қосады.
- Arastradero Preserve
- Arizona Cactus Garden
- Cantor Arts Center
- Digital DNA, egg-shaped sculpture downtown
- Elizabeth Gamble Garden
- Frenchman's tower
- Former Community House in MacArthur Park at the intersection of University Avenue and El Camino Real; designed by Julia Morgan for the YWCA but first used as a social centre in Camp Fremont, Menlo Park during World War I; now a restaurant
- Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
- Lou Henry Hoover Girl Scout House
- Matadero Creek
- Mental Research Institute (MRI)
- Packard's garage
- Palo Alto Art Center
- Palo Alto Airport, off Embarcadero East, is surrounded by numerous flying schools, and is a convenient bay area *
- Palo Alto Foothills Park
- Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve
- Palo Alto University
- Printers Inc. Bookstore, now defunct, was a landmark independent bookstore on California Ave. and was referenced in Vikram Seth's novel, The Golden Gate. It closed in 2001.
- Stanford Shopping Center
- Stanford University
- Stanford University Arboretum
- University Avenue (Downtown Palo Alto)
- Palo Alto Varsity Theater
- Papua New Guinea Sculpture Garden at Stanford 
- Stanford Terrace Inn  formerly Tiki Inn Motel 
- Stanford Theatre
- Saint Thomas Aquinas Parish
- William Ackerman, acoustic guitarist. He founded and ran for many years the influential New Age record label Windham Hill Records.
- Joan Baez, folk singer
- Lindsey Buckingham, member of Fleetwood Mac
- The Grateful Dead, rock "jam" band (early incarnations of the band were based in Palo Alto)
- The Donnas
- Yehuda Feldman
- Dave Franco, actor
- James Franco, actor, director, screenwriter, producer, artist, author
- Teri Hatcher, born in Palo Alto, actress
- Amy Irving, actress*
- Stephan Jenkins, rock musician (Third Eye Blind)
- Ugly Kid Joe
- Ollie Johnston, Academy Award–winning Disney animator (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia)
- Kingston Trio
- Grace Slick, singer
- Serhiy Timoshenko, Ukrainian famous architect and politician Anti-communist (member of Central Council of Ukraine), brother of Ukrainian scientist Stephen Timoshenko
- Alessandra Torresani, actress
- Shemar Moore, actor
- Doug Clifford, drummer of Creedance Clearwater Revival
- Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google.
- Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Bakeries
- David Filo, co-founder of Yahoo!
- Steve Jobs, deceased co-founder of Apple Inc.; lived in Palo Alto 1980-2011; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
- Jawed Karim, co-founder of Youtube.
- Marissa Mayer, Vice President of Search Products & User Experience at Google
- William Hewlett, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
- Mark Hurd, past chairman, chief executive officer, and President of Hewlett-Packard.
- David Packard, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
- Larry Page, co-founder and CEO of Google.
- Romesh Wadhwani, founder and chairman of Symphony Technology Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of Facebook.
- Owen Van Natta, COO of Facebook, CEO of Myspace, COO of Zynga.
- Elon Musk, CEO of TESLA Motors, Space X
- Ron Christie, former advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney and political pundit
- Herbert Hoover, the 31st President of the United States of America
- Jon Huntsman, Jr., former governor of Utah and U.S Ambassador of China
- Condoleezza Rice, former US Secretary of State
- Manabendra Nath Roy, Indian nationalist and revolutionary 
- Ron Wyden, US Senator
- Erle Stanley Gardner, detective fiction author, creator of Perry Mason
- Robert S. Gerleman, New York Times Adult Best Selling Author
- Tad Williams, New York Times Adult Best Selling Author
- Pamela Melroy, astronaut, second woman to command a space shuttle mission
- Perley Ason Ross, physicist who worked on essential problems in the behaviour of X-rays
- Robert Spinrad (1932–2009), computer pioneer as director of the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center.
- William Shockley, Nobel laureate in physics and eugenicist
- Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School
- The Girls' Middle School
- International School of the Peninsula
- Stratford School
- Palo Alto City Library
- THE MEDIA BUSINESS; Paper Closes In California, The New York Times, наурыз 15, 1993.
- Midpeninsula Community Media Center
- IMDB entry, IMDB entry.
- Elizabeth Gamble Garden
- Cady, Theron G. (1948), The Legend of Frenchmen's Tower, Peninsula Life Magazine: C-T Publishers, San Carlos, California, http://www.sfgenealogy.com/sanmateo/history/smcady_m.htm, retrieved тамыз, 2011
- Lou Henry Hoover Girl Scout House
- The Joan Baez Web Pages - Chronology. Тексерілді, 12 қараша 2009.
- The Grateful Dead: Making the Scene in Palo Alto. Palo Alto Historical Society. Тексерілді, 20 тамыз 2009.
- Disney Legends web site - Legend Bio: Ollie Johnston, Animation. Тексерілді, 14 наурыз 2009.
- Sibnarayan Ray, In Freedom's Quest: Life of M.N. Roy (Vol. 1: 1887-1922). Calcutta: Minerva Associates, 1998; pp. 46-47.
- Nolan, William F. 1 Erle Stanley Gardner (1889–1970): Early Life. Тексерілді, 14 наурыз 2009.
- Adult New York Times Best Seller Lists for 2008.
- Markoff, John. Robert Spinrad, a Pioneer in Computing, Dies at 77", The New York Times, September 6, 2009. Accessed September 9, 2009.
- The MOAH Neighborhood. Palo Alto Museum of American History. Тексерілді, 20 тамыз 2009.
- John Jenks, David Crimp, C. Michael Hogan et al., Engineering and Environmental Evaluations of Discharge to the Coast Casey Canal and Charleston Slough, prepared by Kennedy Jenks Engineers and Earth Metrics Inc. (1976)
- Santa Clara County Heritage Resource Inventory, Santa Clara County Historical Heritage Commission, published by Santa Clara County, San Jose, Ca., маусым 1979
- A description of high-tech life in Palo Alto around 1995 is found in the novel by Douglas Coupland, Microserfs.
- Coleman, Charles M., P. G. and E. of California: The Centennial Story of Pacific Gas and Electric Company 1852–1952, (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1952).
- Hanson, Warren D., San Francisco Water and Power: A History of the Municipal Water Department and Hetch Hetchy System, (San Francisco: San Francisco Public Utilities Communications Group, 2002).
- Map: PG&E Backbone Gas Transmission System, (San Francisco: Pacific Gas and Electric Co., undated).
- Map: Water Conveyance, Treatment, and Distribution System, (San Jose: Santa Clara Valley Water District, 1978).
- Earthquake Planning Scenario Special Publication #61, (Sacramento, California: State of California, Division of Mines and Geology, 1981).
- $117,730,000 Bond Offering: Transmission Agency of Northern California, (Sacramento, California: Transmission Agency of Northern California, 1992).